Tuesday, October 11, 2011

.Mommy Mess

A wet blanket kind of day..
Nothing seemingly going right but that's only my mindset.  I was feeling down and out and knowing I should hibernate for the next two days so I don't unleash on some poor, unsuspecting soul, but then my husband called with wise words of wisdom for a refreshing surprise. [He is really brilliant, but only opens up with that once in a while!] So I was starting to feel better and hating on myself less, then I stumbled upon some fantastic Mommy blogs which really put me back in perspective.

We all have these days. Finding humor in it is healing.

I love my kids. You know that by now, I mean.. I REALLY love em.  And they are a mess.  Sebastian is in the phase, he is really good when you are down there playing with him.  You leave him alone for some self directed play... you will find every toy down from it's place, dumped out, stepped on and forgotten in the rush to drag something else out.  This morning he got in trouble for tearing all of Olivia's books from her bookshelf all over the floor.  No good.  I don't know what it is about this family and their MESS.  I will confess, my mess is clothes.  I don't like to pick up clothes and I don't like to put them away.  I do like to wash them, and if I remember to put them in the dryer I'm REALLY proud of myself... then they sit there wrinkling all the while in the laundry basket.  But man. My kids. My husband... it's almost if they enjoy just seeing all their stuff, EVERYWHERE.  It's incredible they can even think with so much mess going on!   Trying to enforce cleaning up after playing is proving difficult and a constant job.  I don't want to constantly be harping on them to clean up.. but also need the good habit.  I can't think when the stuff is everywhere, surely they can't as well!
Then Livy, man girl can get DIRTY.  I have probably have spent 15 bucks recently on cleaning agents for her clothes alone.  I cannot fathom how during one day they get like that.  It's almost as if at school she covers herself in glue and rolls down the hallway.. Who knows what really happens there.

I've got a nice shed out back.  I may let the three slovenly Benedict's occupy the mainland, and I will float myself off to the very back of the backyard, and send detour directions so when you come over, you won't have a panic attack.

Or, I'll embrace it.

Maybe.




No comments:

Post a Comment