Monday, October 3, 2011

.Nonsense

...It is all I have for you today.

It's officially Autumn, and absolutely gorgeous.  I'd take a day like today over and over and over again.  Work was..well..work.  A lot of spinning wheels.  But I don't mind driving around all day so much when it is the absolute perfect temperature outside.  When the kids got home from school we spent the afternoon in the backyard.. first picking up walnuts [is it slave labor is they want to help?!] Olivia was intrigued by the fact we could sell the walnuts to make money.  "How much.. fifty WHOLE cents??!" I told her if she could be a great big helper, we could use the money to buy her birthday presents [am I the queen of Scam Artist Moms?].. I've never seen a girl pick up walnuts with such vigor.  Then we got knee deep in the garden space.. it is definitely NOT a garden yet.. but soon it will be.  The kids we an awesome help and we actually got almost half of it cleared.  I fried up some eggplant for dinner [a first] and it was delicious. Deep cleaned the kitchen and vacuumed the couch [mmhmm. that couch thanked me after].
Livy's mom brought the rest of her stuff up here.. so it has been fun for both the kids playing with all of her "new" toys.. and it has been fun for Mama to go through all of the "new" books.  There is something about books.. I can't get enough.  Even if it is children's books.. maybe more so if it is children's books.. I just want to get to the heart of it, I want to find out where it's coming from.  One day... no matter where I live.. I want the walls lined with books.  Years and years of books. Floor to ceiling.  One shelf will be authored by me.

It's past late.. now we Rest. Stop. Repeat.

Gratefully Blessed.

<3
C






No comments:

Post a Comment