Wednesday, April 13, 2011

.Absent

Whelll Herrooo!

I've been wanting/meaning to post for the past few days... but quite frankly life has gotten in the way.. which is fine with me!

This week has been gorgeous. Mother nature is stunning me with her beauty!! My yard is an overgrown crazy jungle [mower man doesn't come until friday! Surprised we haven't had a complaint yet, ha!] but honestly, I love it. We are overrun with purple and white flowers taking up more of the yard than the grass. The dandelions are SO TALL and Sebastian just has a blast picking them and bringing them to me to 'Bwow' [blow :)]. I have a gorgeous lilac bush, 3 Redbud trees, and all the tulips Olivia and I planted are coming up! I will have to get out to take a few pictures.

Sebastian and I have been outside every second we could get the last few days. In fact, we have been to the park 5 times in the past 3 days..now that's some dedicated play time!! Took a much needed long walk with the family today, got McAlister's for lunch [pricey, yet delicious!] and got a sunburn! Sebastian decided our shed was a barn [it really does look like one, ha!] and pretended to be all the animals you would find in a barn.. SO SWEET! His imagination is seriously kicking into gear!! I love that he makes things talk to each other and has little scenarios for them.. he is going to be imagination overload just like his sister.. just the way I like it! He has taken to Olivia's babydolls by feeding, washing, and putting them to bed everyday [oh and did I mention he LOVES barbies?!] LOL but that's just fine with me. He will make a great daddy one day ;]]

I have always said Summer was my favorite, but this year it has changed. I have enjoyed more beauty of Spring this year than any other season at any other point in my life. I know from here on out, gardening is going to become a passion. Also, just driving I see SO MANY baby animals, EVERYWHERE! Spring is really a rebirth for the world [or our half of it ;)] and it is a gorgeous thing. Gives a fresh start for all things. This Spring I plan to gather as much inspiration from Mother Nature and let it gooooo, just like those sweet dandelions in the wind. :D

Another reason I wanted to post... this past weekend we had an AMAZING time in Lawrence, KS & Kansas City, MO! We went to see That 1 Guy && got to catch half of the Beats Antique show! Got to meet 'That 1 Guy' as we were buying tickets when he got to the venue, and talked to one of the guys from Beats Antique after the show! Such rad people who are truly appreciative of people who will pay money to come see them! Of course, the live music moved me. And I don't mean bouncing up and down a little bit.. I mean moved me. Physically, emotionally.. moved my soul. I honestly felt a little euphoria [or was that the beer? ;)] being in front of live music again. I could feel it and it transcribed in my very being.. placing itself just where I needed it most. Usually I get post-show blues, with having a kid we don't get to get out much and I always know as the show comes to a close that it will be a while before I get another dose... but this time I left with inspiration, enlightenment & joy in my heart..and the want to get back into making music of my own and connect with some people with like-spirits.

Work has been frustrating this week, but I don't even care. It's these little things that I love..

<3C

No comments:

Post a Comment