Wednesday, May 4, 2011

.Nonsense



“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own.And you know what you know. You are the one who'll decide where to go.”








It's funny how appealling Dr. Suess is to my children, and how he writes about nonsense, mostly.. but from him are some gems I hold close.





Sebastian had his surgery yesterday. I tried to explain everything to him before so that he wouldn't be frightened or felt like he was blindsighted. I explained we would go to the doctor, he would put him to sleep and fix his ears. After going through this a few times, the only question Sebastian had was, "Suess?" So, we went with that. :] Here is Sebastian waiting for "Dr. Suess"to come fix his ears :]







Everything went as planned, just took longer than expected. Mama's anxiety rate was through the roof, but it's over. And I can sleep well, knowing and hoping and praying that was the last of our ear trouble for our poor man. One obstacle overcome!





I've been too serious lately. Of course, there is a time and a place.. but the "serious" things in my life have overtaken... and I'm taking my life back! Sometimes, it's within the nonsense that we learn the biggest lessons of all :]



What is life if we can't help but to laugh!




******

I'm thinking of changing the name of this blog. I've actually stumbled upon [no, not stumbledupon ;)] 2 other blogs with this name. When I named the blog I put what first came to mind. I'm horrible at naming things, especially things like "User Names" and "Nick Names" Uhm, I dunno, how about [insert something creative & witty here] ?


Anyways, I'll let you know what I decide ;]






It's gorgeous today! Thanks, Earth <3













Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting...so get on your way!

1 comment:

  1. That hair is so precious! He's such a cutie.

    And Dr. Seuss = <3

    ReplyDelete