Monday, July 25, 2011

.HP

So it is finally complete... 7 books, 7 years. Now I know a *lot* people love Harry Potter, but I really feel an emotional attachment to this series and everything that has gone with it. I grew up with Harry Potter. I grew up with the characters and their stories. I was about nine when the books came out, Harry was 11 and our birthdays were 5 days apart. I was one of those kids that waited at Barnes & Noble and Border's at midnight for the next book to come out. I would go home stay up 6,7,8- last book took me about 9 1/2 hours to read from cover to cover. Then I would pass out for a few hours and wake up and start rereading. The movies were a nice filler to keep the series alive between books, and these past years what's been keeping it going. Now it's over, only thing I have left to look forward to is owning the final movie, too.
Not only did the wonderful fantasy story appeal to me, these character's appeal to anyone who feels a little outside, and the camaraderie that comes with the group throughout 7 years is something to be envied. This book has made me laugh [LOUDLY] out loud and break down and cry. My mom, friends, and husband have probably questioned my sanity while reading these books.
There is definitely a Harry Potter sized hole in my heart. I always get sad at the end of books I love because they are over, I'm just an emotional sap like that ;] but nothing like this before.. I am truly upset. My friend Lauren said it best, it's like our childhood is over, and it really is! I'm no longer in school, dependent on my parents.. I'm married with kids and the only thing really linking me with a strong tie to still being a child was this series. Wow. Well, now I get to look forward to sharing it with my kids and reliving the magic all over again.. only this time as an adult.


Where did the time go?






"
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live, remember that."


"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on."


"After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure."

No comments:

Post a Comment