Friday, July 8, 2011

.Summertime.

Sweet, Sweet Summertime.

I've always been a fan. I don't know if it's because I was born in the summer and am ruled by the Sun as a Leo... or because it's that freaking fantastic. Something about the warm breeze.. the HOT air.. flowy skirts.. cold beer...and a creek, just does it for me. The sun just energizes me in a way even caffeine cannot ;]

This summer has already been an excellent one. Both my kids start school in August, and figured why not make this summer just about having FUN.
We've been frequenting the pool about twice a week, the creek once a weekend.. lots of walks and backyard adventures. Having young kids rock.. you can make anything totally exciting!

The beauty of being self-employed is when the sun is just right and the river calls... I can pack up the family and head out. I've been taking full advantage of this and don't regret it a bit.

We got the most incredible and amazing news this past week, Miss Olivia is here to stay!! She will be living with us and going to school right across the street. She is so excited! It will really all settle in when we are in school, have a set routine down and can get our schedule panned out. Exciting, but nervewracking, too! I was expecting Sebastian to start preschool.. and had prepared for that, but now we have a Kindergartener on our hands, too! Olivia has never really been in the "school" setting, so it will be very different for her.. but I think she is going to prosper and do SO well. She is so smart and advanced for her age, and loves nothing more than to make a Best Friend... she will fit right in. I'm just so thrilled. Our family is united, how blessed are we :].

The Four Benedict's.. finally under one roof!


Just as life will remind you.. nothing is ever perfect. But I believe it is as close to it as it has ever been. Even when the stress digs at me, I know I have my beautiful family & so much love...that's what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment