Thursday, November 10, 2011

.Proud

I've always been a "Fix It" type of person.  If I love someone, I'm more than likely going to scheme on how to fix their problems and make them disappear.  If I had one superpower.. That would be it! Swooping in to save the day [[Sebastian loves the word "swoop" and he gets this mischievous grin every time he says it, adorable.]]  So, along comes life's many non-fixable problems. The ones that "just have to work themselves out"... you know, the really irritating ones.  For about 6 months now I've really been scheming.. internally scheming, so much I think it's defeated the entire purpose.  I feel like I did a full circle walking backwards.. I'm back where I started but definitely wasted some time there, but we move forward.  I have a new clarity, a new path.. just trying to let go of the ropes a little bit.  No matter how tight I hang on, the dang horse is gonna go where he's gonna go...  Ya know?

Anywho, my lovely cousin Lauren posted a Dr.Suess quote that definitely hit home perfect today. 

"and when you're in a slump, you're not in for much fun
Un-slumping yourself is not easily done"

Our little family of four has been through quite a bit in the past 6 months.  A slump was bound to happen.  But I'm insanely proud at how we are bouncing back, moving forward.  Un-slumping may not be easily done.. but it is absolutely necessary.


<3C

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I can really keep up with your blog now (so new to the blogspot world!) It's truly inspirational that the love of your family is so strong to conquer those challenges, even if unresolved. You're one of the strongest Mama's I know, and most optimistic, for sure! Lots of Love to you and your amazing family <3 We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quote and I like your positive outlook... I think that is the key to "unslumping"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the word 'swoop' too! Haha, I don't know what it is about it, but I giggle every time I hear/say it.

    I'm a fixer of things as well, so I understand how you feel. I'm glad you're able to bounce back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, ladies! Your comments are so inspiring, to ever press on.

    Steff, you and Sebastian would really get along!! ;]

    ReplyDelete